One of the simplest ways to improve the look of your smile is with professional teeth whitening in Quincy and Norwell.
Tooth whitening can improve the color of your teeth in under 60 minutes by lifting stains and restoring the whiteness of teeth.
But before you come in for tooth whitening in Quincy and Norwell, there are a few things to note.
Keep reading to learn more about teeth whitening and it’s benefits
The Professional Tooth Whitening Process
Professional teeth whitening can whiten your teeth in multiple shades in just one session. The treatment is quick and simple. Before beginning your treatment, the dentist will assess your teeth and determine if you are a candidate.
Zoom whitening systems are the common modern method for tooth whitening at the dentist’s office. This system can lighten teeth up to 8 shades in only 45 minutes. By activating the whitening agent with the Zoom Advanced Power Chairside Lamp, the dentist speeds up the tooth bleaching process.
How to Prepare
To ensure you have a smooth tooth whitening treatment, there are a few important things you should do. Here’s some advice for preparing your teeth:
- You can receive helpful advice and dental cleaning and check-up to make sure tooth whitening is right for you.
- Chat with the dentist about the underlying causes of your tooth stains.
- Work with the dentist to determine if tooth whitening is an option for you.
- Purchase desensitizing toothpaste to use after.
After Tooth Whitening at the Dentist’s Office
One of the most common side effects of teeth whitening is tooth sensitivity. Professional treatments tend not to cause as much sensitivity as some at-home products, but you may still experience some. Use desensitizing toothpaste to help with this.
While professional tooth whitening can last a long time, it’s not a permanent fix. If you consume a lot of staining foods and drinks, then you can expect your teeth to yellow quickly again. Here are some tips to help maintain your white teeth:
- Do not use tobacco products.
- Avoid wine, coffee, and tea or use a straw when drinking them
- Brush teeth after eating
- Use at-home whitening solutions to maintain your white teeth (based on your dentist’s instructions)
Teeth Whitening in Quincy and Norwell
Now that you know the basics about professional tooth whitening, it’s time to get your teeth whiter and brighter! Turn to Advanced Dental Arts for teeth whitening services in Quincy and Norwell , MA today.
Schedule your appointment with our dental team today!